Argentina confirm failed approach for Pep Guardiola

Argentina FA chief Claudio Tapia has confirmed that the country have failed with their effort to lure Pep Guardiola from Manchester City. The South American nation are on the search for a new head coach after the recent dismissal of Jorge Sampaoli but it appears Guardiola will certainty not be succeeding at the helm.

Speaking to TyC Sports, Tapia admitted that Argentina enquired over the availability of the Citizens boss but they were put off by his wage demands, he said: “We enquired, it was a possibility, but we enquired. You have to have a big wallet, a large backing. It's a lot [Guardiola's salary] and we have to get loans for everything. We made consultations but it is very difficult, I am telling you the truth. We made an enquiry but we did not think it was so much. We tried to speak, but he stayed there.”

Landon Donovan and Club Leon Part Company

Landon Donovan has decided to end his association with Club Leon by ending his contract. The former LA Galaxy star surprised many by coming out of retirement back in January in order to join the Mexican club. However, he was not a regular fixture for Club Leon and featured in just a handful of matches as a regular starter. The club ended up finishing 13th in the Mexican league and it appeared that the partnership was not expected to continue for long. It has proven to be the case, as the two parties have decided to end of the contract a couple of months before it was scheduled to expire. Donovan was set to leave Club Leon at the end of 2018 but this announcement has accelerated his departure.

Club Leon announced that they would like to thank Landon Donovan for the commitment and leadership skills shown during the period. Regarded as one of the greatest MLS players, Donovan has had a difficult time in the last few years. His troubled spell with Jurgen Klinsmann with the United States national team was the start of the issues and he announced his retirement from the game after winning the MLS cup with LA Galaxy back in 2014. However, he came back from retirement in 2016 to once again represent LA Galaxy.

Lucas Biglia Suffers Season-Ending Injury With AC Milan

Argentina are fearing the worst for midfielder Lucas Biglia after he fractured two vertebrae during AC Milan’s league meeting versus Benevento. The Rossoneri suffered a shock 1-0 defeat to the bottom club on Sunday and manager Gennaro Gattuso was not pleased with the nature of the embarrassing loss.

Domenico Tedesco Happy With Win Over Mainz 05

Schalke manager Domenico Tedesco says that he is extremely delighted with the narrow victory over Mainz 05. Despite playing against the relegation threatened opponent, Schalke were only able to come away with a narrow victory. The team managed to take all three points thanks to the only goal of the game from Daniel Caligiuri. However, the match was all about three points and reaping the full rewards mean that Schalke will be able to occupy the second spot ahead of Borussia Dortmund and Frankfurt.

Jorge Sampaoli open to Carlos Tevez recall ahead of World Cup

Argentina manager Jorge Sampaoli is open to handing a recall to veteran striker Carlos Tevez ahead of this summer's World Cup finals in Russia. The 33-year-old returned to Boca Juniors for a third stint from Shanghai Shenhua in January, and he made his debut during the 2-0 triumph over Colon last weekend.

Di Santo hyped up for derby

Schalke striker Franco di Santo has spoken about his continued love for the game of football and how much he is looking forward to the Revier derby on Saturday against their hated rivals Borussia Dortmund.

The Argentine international had been enduring a nightmare run where he hadn’t scored since March 2016 but he put things right in the last game finally scoring against Hamburg in a 2-0 win that sent his side up into second place in the Bundesliga.

Schalke Forward Franco di Santo speaks about Werder Bremen Return

Franco di Santo recently made the switch to Schalke from Werder Bremen.

The Argentine came to European football with Chelsea, but he is best known for his time with Werder Bremen. He spent two years with the club and made just under 50 appearances in the league. After having not been regarded as a prolific goal scorer up until that point, di Santo came up with19 goals in his 48 appearances for the club. A bulk of his goals and appearances came in the Bundesliga. His struggles in front of goal have once again returned to Schalke in the 2015-16 season.

Schalke Forward Franco di Santo speaks about Werder Bremen Return

Franco di Santo recently made the switch to Schalke from Werder Bremen.

The Argentine came to European football with Chelsea, but he is best known for his time with Werder Bremen. He spent two years with the club and made just under 50 appearances in the league. After having not been regarded as a prolific goal scorer up until that point, di Santo came up with19 goals in his 48 appearances for the club. A bulk of his goals and appearances came in the Bundesliga. His struggles in front of goal have once again returned to Schalke in the 2015-16 season.

Franco Di Santo Fails to Impress against Hannover

Jonathas managed to score on his debut for Hannover, as they secured a 1-0 win over Schalke.

After having managed an impressive victory in the opening match, Schalke were poor in this game. They did not create much opportunities, and striker Franco di Santo only had a penalty shout to his name. Schalke were coming into the game on the back of a victory over RB Leipzig.

HANNOVER INTERESTED IN FRANCO DI SANTO

Hannover 96 manager, Horst Heldt is currently facing a difficult transfer summer at the club as the transfer window opens this July.

There are quite a few number of players in his ranks and if he plans to get far in the upcoming season, he has to shore up his defence, as well as his attack. However, he insists on showing patience with new signings.

Pages

Subscribe to Franco Di Santo RSS